Freitag, 10. Mai 2013

Trip to the Netherlands II

Hello readers! (^__^) /

And here it comes, the second part of my trip to the Netherlands. With arrival and return it was a 9 days long trip, so I splitt the entries about the whole journey.

Between this entry and the third (and last part), I'm going to post something to the next Lolita meetup. And maybe I'll finally post an entry to a drawing, on which I've been working since an eternity.

In the first entry to the Netherlands, I wrote about the first two days (3 if you count the day of our arrival).
As these first few days, the other days were very packed with the tour program. It was a seminar in a trip with a lot of information in a very short time. XD We saw a lot, but often only for a very short time.
  
Well, on the third day we went to Den Haag. There we walked through the government district. Only a few policemen stood around there. One wore a funny police race bike uniform or something like this. Haha. I took about 50 photos that day. But I made a very small selection of photos for my blog and the pictures from the government district are not among them.
Just recently I got a nice compliment of one of my old tutors, who said, all my vacation photos could be on a postcard. °O° Wow, this was unexpected. And really nice. ^_^

We walked to the Gemeentemuseum and on the way we passed a shop window of a flower shop in which this dog sat. Many shop owners have their pets in their stores. That's not common in Germany.
Spring everywhere. \(^_^)/ At this time it was a lot colder in Germany. XD It's been a while.
It wasn't allowed to take pictures in the Gemeentemuseum. I took this picture afterwards next to the museum. Some cars and other vehicles were planted and I guess it was some kind of art. I had no time to read the text to it, but there was one.
Then we went to Utrecht. We saw the St. Martin's Cathedral (Dom church), unfortunately we couldn't go inside at that time. It's worth a visit. The dome church has the tallest tower in the Netherlands. And there was this beautiful
cloister.
Here it is. It looks great, doesn't it?
My first thought was: Wow, that would be a great photo location! ^_^
That's me in my casual-convenient-travel-whatever clothes. And just a reminder: 30 km/h wind speed. XD We all looked completely ...let's say "blown away". But: Lolita in this location would look so great, wouldn't it? ^___^
I took like 20 pictures just from the cloister. ^____^
That was in front of the museum Catharijneconvent. The light was beautiful. After that we visited the Centraal Museum. Both were interesting, but I liked the second one more.
In the Centraal Museum were also exhibited furniture and crafts beside the paintings.
And the cloakroom was great! There hung a lot of historical mirrors. And that's me again. XD
When we came back I took a picture from the train station in Amsterdam. I liked the building, but we had never enough time, so I couldn't take good pictures.
On the way to our hostel, we always passed the Maritime Museum.
I like cities with water views. It always looks great. The setting sun added a little colour to the scenery. ^-^
If you get the opportunity: walk through Amsterdam at night. It's interesting. ;D But you better shouldn't go alone, as I did. That wasn't a good idea. Really, it was not a good idea. XD Let me be very clear: Do not do that!
 So, that's all for today.

Let me just say a few words about the Snooker World Championships 2013. Yes,the finals were at the beginning of the week and this entry comes a little late, but I was happy to see Ronnie O'Sullivan winning the titel again. I always love to see him play, even if the final sessions were not as expected.
Let's see what the future brings. I also like to watch other players games, but to watch O'Sullivan's was always special. But I also understand that it was very stressful for him.
 So, these few lines as a Tribute for Ronnie.

Enough of sports. 
And yes, I like to watch sports. 
But only when the sportsmen are well-dressed. XD

 As I wrote already the next entry will be probably about a lolita meetup.
Or about one of my older-never-finished-but-now-finally-finished drawings. ^u^

Thank you for reading! (^_^)/


6 Kommentare:

  1. So schöne Fotos <3
    Die Kulissen sind so toll *-*

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke! ^_^
      Ja oder? Diesen Kreuzgang in Utrecht hätte ich am liebsten Stein für Stein und Pflänzchen für Pflänzchen abebaut und mit Heim genommen. XD

      Löschen
    2. Wenn es so einfach wäre XD
      Jetzt muss ich an die Chinesen denken, die ein komplettes Dorf aus Bayern (oder war es Österreich?) kopiert und spiegelverkehrt in China wieder aufgebaut haben |D

      Löschen
    3. Naja, ich hatte meine Lastwagen vergessen. Und zum tragen wars zu scher. XDD
      Das von den Chinesen ist durchaus eine gängige Sache. So werden auch teilweise die Museumsdörfer zusammengestellt. In Thüringen ab ich mal zugeschaut, wie eine Kirche auf einem Lastwgen durch die Gegend fuhr. XD

      Löschen
  2. ahhhh ich will sie alle essen!! das war zumindest mein erster impuls, als ich die fotos gesehen hab! aber es wirkt auch so real...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :D ich servier sie dir am freitag zum picknick auf inem dekadenten goldenen teller.

      Löschen